Under exceptional circumstances pupils may be granted absence from school, to request this please fill out the online form below.
Please note that any request for absence must be discussed or submitted BEFORE any arrangements surrounding the request are made. Absence will only be agreed in exceptional circumstances.
• In line with Government legislation, leave of absence during term time will not be granted unless there are exceptional circumstances.
• If such circumstances exist, then the matter should be discussed well in advance of any intended absence period (circumstances permitting).
• Requests will only be authorised by Mr Jolley.
• Further evidence or documentation may be requested by the school.
• Both the current and previous attendance histories will be taken into account.
• Parents are expected to arrange scheduled time off, such as holidays or other overseas visits and family gatherings during non-term time periods.
• Pupils are only at school for 190 days each year. This leaves 175 days each year when pupils are not in school (This is clearly a sufficient amount of time in which to organise holidays, visits and other family events).
• 96% and above represents good attendance. 96% is the equivalent to 9½ days absence per year. This is the minimum expectation.
• 90% attendance represents half a day off every week. This would mean missing 4 weeks of lessons in a year.
• 80% attendance represents 1 day off every week.
• Ensuring a child has good attendance is the legal responsibility of parents.