Before completing the school admissions form parents must read and understand the documents identified below. Please set aside one hour to read all of the information contained within both documents. By completing this request you will have an excellent understanding of Chesswood Junior School and give your child an advantage for when they start – you will know what to expect from us and what we expect from you and your child:
- School Brochure: Click here to View the School Brochure
- Home School Agreement: Click here to view the Home School Agreement
Once the above documents are read and understood, there are three options for parents to complete the school admissions form:
- Online using the link below (this is the preferred by the school as it reduces administrative work so we can focus on the more important job of teaching and learning – otherwise we have to type out the whole form onto school systems).
- Print a hard copy (printable file is located below) and hand/post into Chesswood Junior School.
- Collect a hard copy from Chesswood Junior School office.
The form requires basic information and some decisions. It takes approximately 20 – 30 minutes to complete. You will need the following information available before you start to complete the form:
- Contact details, including those of two emergency contacts in the case of an emergency – these may be family or family friends. We need a minimum of three contacts for emergency purposes.
- Doctors contact and surgery details
All other information is easily provided from memory and by considering the information and options within the consent section
Without all information being provided in full it will not be possible for a child to enrol at Chesswood Junior School. Where a waiting list exists a place may be reallocated if reasonable attempts at gaining the information from a family have not been successful.
For all children wishing to enrol in September the Chesswood Junior School admission forms must be completed and submitted on or before 5p.m. Friday 24th May
For children wishing to enrol prior to September and are currently aged between 7-11 the admission form must be completed at least 3 days prior to the desired start date. In exceptional circumstances e.g. family moving to a refuge or a child being placed in care, the school will seek to enrol a child as soon as practicably possible once the admission form has been completed.
Online Admissions Form