Emergency Evacuation Procedures
Our number one priority is to keep everyone safe. The policy and procedure document sets out all important aspects for keeping all site users safe in an emergency situation. This document must be read in conjunction with the ‘emergency evacuation route plans’
- Evacuate buildings in less than 4 minutes
- Account for all site users in less than 7 minutes
- All members of staff are competent and confident to undertake their role.
- All children are confident of what do when the emergency alarm sounds – whenever it sounds – normal lessons, breaktime, lunchtime, extra-curricular clubs, before registration in a morning.
- Evacuate in way that is calm, purposeful and above all not alarming for children
- Ensure all necessary procedures are in place to support the evacuation of users with additional needs, so they:
o Leave the building efficiently and effectively
o Are confident with their personal evacuation plan and that they are capable of following it.