Behaviour Management Policy
It is the primary aim of this policy to support the school community in aiming to allow everyone to work together in an effective and considerate way.
- In order to achieve expected standards of excellence all children and staff, regardless of gender, culture, language, socio-economic background, disability or special educational needs are expected to take a full, positive and active role in all aspects of school life – we are an INCLUSIVE school.
- We strive to achieve excellence in academic achievement and behaviour for all children so that they leave this school with the confidence and ability to take advantage of future opportunities and become good citizens. As such, it is imperative that all individuals within the whole school community display and, where appropriate learn, good behaviour and discipline most of the time.
- Our positive ethos is built on a shared commitment to displaying courtesy, care and kindness at all times to all people within the school and wider community, regardless of difference, in preparation for being a good citizen.
- It is our aim to develop an active partnership with parents as an aid to promoting good behaviour. This means involving parents at an early stage if any problems develop.
- When unacceptable behaviour occurs we will aim to work closely with the children and parents to resolve the difficulty quickly and ensure disruption to learning is minimal both for the child and others within the school community.
- We treat all children fairly and apply this behaviour policy in a consistent way.
The school rewards good behaviour, as it believes that this will develop an ethos of kindness and co-operation. This policy is designed to promote good behaviour, rather than merely deter anti-social behaviour.