Chair of Governors Welcome
Dear Parents and Friends,
On behalf of the governing body, I would like to welcome you to Chesswood Junior School.
The Governing body is involved with our school at every level. This includes finance, safeguarding, premises management and staff appointments. As Governors, we consider our most important role to be the safety, welfare and education of our pupils and are committed to working in partnership with the Headteacher and all school staff to ensure that your child has the best possible experience while they are part of the school community and that we ensure that they are ready for the next stage in their development.
As a governing body our aim is to strive towards outstanding provision in all areas and to create an environment in which pupils and staff feel challenged and supported to contribute at the highest level.
Governors work in partnership with the Headteacher to set the strategic direction of the school.
Our main role can be defined as:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent
We will do this by:
- Operating efficiently and effectively through appropriate structures and procedures
- Providing strong strategic leadership, holding the school leaders to account for school outcomes in all areas.
- Driving improvement in school with a relentless focus on raising standards of education and achievement
I very much look forward to meeting you when I am in school, please do say hello if you see me. Aside from this should you wish to contact me to discuss any matter further please do so via the Clerk to the Governors, vacant position, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chair of Governors
Please take a look at our 'Meet the Governors' section for a full breakdown of our governing body.