Junior Governing Body
Who we Are
Two representatives are selected for each class from years 4 to 6; year 3 representatives will be selected later in the school year. All children are invited to apply to be a Junior Governor, presentations are held if there are more than two nominees in a class for the children to give an account of why they would be a good choice; one child is voted in by the class and the other is selected by the teacher in discussions with the year group to ensure representation from across the spectrum of the school community.
A huge thank you to these Junior Governors as their term of service comes to an end. New Junior Governors will be voted in by each class (year 3 do not start until summer term) ready for next half term.
What we do
- Attend Governor Meetings and take an active part in discussions
- Talk to our class, take notes and report back what they say
- Present ideas to the class (charities, fayres, discos)
- Talk abut school issues and possible solutions
- Ask about areas of school life
- Explain our ideas and listen to classmate’s ideas
- Report back to class what has been decided at meetings
- Be involved in work and projects as decided by Junior Governors
- Take part in interviewing possible new members of staff
- Communicate with lots of different people (Head, Teachers, TAs, Governors, Parents, Pupils)
- Help create reports and messages
Our meetings and minutes
Click on the image below to see the agenda/minutes for the meetings.
OUR AWARENESS DAYS
This calendar has been created by the Junior Governors to raise awareness of good causes and school events, providing links to find out more information about the event, explaining how we will be raising awareness of the event, including fundraising.
Further PTA events will be added during the year. Sometimes it is necessary to alter dates of events. Should this occur, these changes will be highlighted at the top of the diary.
Click on the image opposite or follow this LINK
We want to hear from you
If you have any thoughts, comments, ideas, questions, concerns about Chesswood Junior School, please tell us... Use the form below to share your thoughts. The Junior Governors will read and respond to all children.