This report details the outcomes from the latest parent questionnaire. The questionnaire uses questions in line with Ofsted Parent View: https://parentview.ofsted.gov.uk/parent-view-results
Each question sought further evidence/explanation as to what Chesswood had done well or what could be improved.
The survey received 144 responses.
QUESTIONS AND OUTCOMES
- Outcome - agree (strongly agree)
- My child is happy at Chesswood.
- 100% (69%) of responses agree that their child(ren) are happy at Chesswood.
- My child feels safe at Chesswood.
- 98% (73%) agree their child feels safe at school.
- The school makes sure pupils are well behaved.
- 97% (55%) parents agree that the school makes sure children are well behaved.
- My child has been bullied and the school dealt with the bullying quickly and effectively.
- 91% (50%) of parents who said their child had been bullied, agree that bullying was dealt with quickly and effectively. 73% parents said their children had not been bullied. 22% parents responded to the question.
- The school makes me aware of what my child will learn during the year.
- 94% (51%) parents agree that the school makes them aware what the child will learn during the year.
- When I have raised concerns with the school they have been dealt with properly.
- 97% (61%) of those who raised a concern, agreed that they were dealt with properly.68% parents who responded had raised a concern - 31% had not raised a concern.
- My Child has SEND, and the school gives then the support they need to succeed.
- 92% (50%) agreed that the school gives them the support they need to succeed – 8% didn’t know. 24 parents responded that their child had SEN.
- The school has high expectations for my child.
- 92% (52%) agreed that the school has high expectations for the children.
- My child does well at this school.
- 97% (54%) parents thought their child does well at school.
- The school lets me know how my child is doing.
- 92% (39%) parents agree that the school lets them know how their child is doing.
- There is a good range of subjects available to my child at this school.
- 94% (49%) parents agree that there is a good range of subjects available.
- My child can take part in clubs and activities at this school.
- 80% (36%) parents agreed that their child can take part in clubs and activities.
- The school supports my child’s wider personal development.
- 88% (40%) parents agreed that the school support their child’s wider personal development.
- I would recommend this school to another parent.
- 99.3% parents would recommend Chesswood Junior School to another parent.
Click on the picture to see the full parent questionnaire analysis. If you are using a mobile phone click here.
You can view the previous analysis via 2014-15 attachment below.