Skip to content ↓
Chesswood Junior School

Chesswood Junior School

Refugee Support

UK visa support for Ukrainian nationals

Please click on the image below or follow this LINK to find out more

West Sussex Information Hub

Follow this LINK or click on the image to find out more how to help refugees


Worthing 4 Refugees is a group of local Christians who have a vision for the Worthing area to be a place of welcome, safety, integration and justice for refugees.  There are few people in the world more in need of our support than the thousands of families who have fled their homes away from war.

Please click on the image below to find our more or follow this LINK


Private Landlords - West Sussex

Information for prospective landlords

What we need

  • To find as many 1-4 bed properties as possible to meet demand over the next 12-18 months.
  • A collective approach to working with private landlords to find feasible solutions for housing supply.
  • Affordable, self-contained Home Office-compliant accommodation with easy access to local services and amenities. Houses need to be safe, to have passed all landlord checks in compliance with the Landlord and Tenant Act in good condition.
  • Properties that are in neighbourhoods free of crime and community tensions.

Our offer

  • Assured refundable deposit - no agency fees, arrangement of tenancy agreement and other agreements as necessary.
  • Rent that falls within the local housing allowance bands.
  • Cover for void costs in advance of arrival of tenants.
  • Limited provision for redecorating the property to an acceptable standard.
  • A guaranteed long-term, secured tenancy, as we are looking for properties that can ideally be let for three to five years. This will allow the refugees time to settle and integrate within the community.

Refugees who arrive under the Government schemes will arrive with refugee status, which allows them to work and have full entitlement to state benefits. They will have access to Universal Credit (UC).

Within the first few weeks, refugees will be registered with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). Those in receipt of benefits will be expected to claim UC to pay for their housing costs.

The housing cost element of UC can be paid directly to the tenant and they will be responsible for paying the landlord. If there are any concerns over payments, the landlord will be given contact details for the WSCC Refugee Resettlement Team, who will be able to assist and investigate any problems.

Tenants will also be responsible for paying council tax, utility bills and any problems should be reported to the scheme.

Your property will be looked after and we will assist with getting the property ready for the new tenants.

If you are interested in letting your property or would like more information, please email us at