Safety and Emergency Procedures
Our number one priority is to keep everyone safe. The policy and procedure document published at the base of this page (LINK) sets out all important aspects for keeping all site users safe in an emergency situation. This document must be read in conjunction with the ‘emergency evacuation plans and routes’ (LINK), also published at the bottom of this page. The plans below are extracted from the latter document. The ‘emergency evacuation plans and routes’ document also includes important information regarding emergency (fire) safety zones and specific event emergency evacuation arrangements.
In addition, to our emergency evacuation we must also plan and prepare for
- closing the school or limiting opening in response to severe weather.
- school 'lock down' to respond to an external risk or threat to children and staff at school.
Details of both severe weather response and emergency lock down are published in the sub pages of the emergency procedures.
- Evacuate buildings in less than 4 minutes
- Account for all site users in less than 7 minutes
- All members of staff are competent and confident to undertake their role.
- All children are confident of what do when the emergency alarm sounds – whenever it sounds – normal lessons, breaktime, lunchtime, extra-curricular clubs, before registration in a morning.
- Evacuate in way that is calm, purposeful and above all not alarming for children
- Ensure all necessary procedures are in place to support the evacuation of users with additional needs, so they:
- Leave the building efficiently and effectively
- Are confident with their personal evacuation plan and that they are capable of following it.
Day Time Organisation
Main Building Evacuation Routes
Year 5 and 6 Building
Primary Evacuation Muster Stations
Emergency Evacuation Policy and Procedures
Emergency Evacuation Plans and Routes
Lock Down Procedures